JOB DESCRIPTION: Clinical Administrative Assistant in a busy Neurosurgical Practice
Position: full time clinical and administrative assistant in a busy Neurosurgical Practice.
The job includes front and back office duties including:
Front desk – Patient liaison, answering phones, schedule clinical appointments, contact patients and obtain insurance information and demographics. Verify Insurance information, eligibility and coverage details. Perform visit reminders. Update patient charts. During clinic days, enter information in EHR
Administrative – Obtain insurance authorizations with appropriate physician offices and insurance companies. Preparation of charts. Filing and scanning clinical data into EHR. Send and track clinical notes, medical records. Send billing information to third-party billing company.
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Prior work experience in medical practice or medical billing desirable
- Computer Proficiency in MS Office – Word and Excel a must.
- Must have mastery in English and grammar skills, both written and oral.
- Prior experience with HER and Coding
Qualified candidates MUST possess the following skills and qualities:
- Highly organized and self-motivated,
- Excellent communicator,
- Warm and welcoming attitude on the phone,
- Accountable, responsible, flexible, independent,
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Ability to multitask and work as a team player.
- Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Integrity and professionalism