All prescriptions at the Michigan Brain and Spine Surgery Center are either electronically prescribed or dispensed at the discretion of the provider at your office visit.
For Patients Receiving Electronic Prescriptions:
- Your prescriptions will be electronically sent to the pharmacy of your choice at the completion of your office visit.
- Paper copies will not be given to you unless mandated by the pharmacy.
- Refills will be made once per month. No exceptions!
- You may receive two refills on a medication before you need to return to the office for a visit. Note: the initial prescription counts as one fill.
- If you would like changes made to your medications, you must make an office visit to discuss your concerns. Changes will not be made over the phone.
- Refills will be submitted to your pharmacy by 5:00 pm on the day you are issued a refill.
- Protocol for Medication Refills
- Call the office at 248-723-2477 on the day your refill is due. Calling early will delay the process for refilling your medications.
- If your refill is due on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, then you may call on the Friday before the refill is due and the refill will be available at your pharmacy on the day it is due to be refilled.
- You may schedule an office appointment at the time of your call for medication refills.
- Please do not contact the office more than once daily for medication refills. This will slow the process for submitting your request.
For patients being dispensed medications at clinic:
- You are responsible for making your appointments at the same clinic location that you were initially dispensed.
- Having an appointment at a different location will result in scheduling an additional appointment to pick up medications at the original location.
- Medications may be dispensed in 1 or 2 month intervals, at the discretion of the provider.
Refills may be obtained no sooner than 1 week prior to your due date for the medications, depending on the date your refill is due.